Wednesday, January 25, 2012

The Road to Finding Readers

It took me five years to complete my novel, One Fine Day, three months to get through the self-publishing process and six months to realize I wouldn't find a literary agent to help me market it to a "mainstream" publishing house. I think it's a good book that many would enjoy reading - it's got several themes woven together: family dysfunction, obsession, fate versus free will, coming-of-age, tragedy, love, all set amid the turmoil of the influential Sixties. Though I want to call it "literary fiction", some think it's a "romance"; others who have read it call it a page turner with enough suspense that you want to know what's gong to happen next. I think that's the sign of a good read!
I can't be modest because I want to sell my book and I'm looking to connect through networking to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment